Private Inguinal Hernia Repair
When your doctor confirms the presence of an inguinal hernia, what should you do next?
To get this potentially very painful condition under control, as soon as possible, private inguinal hernia repair, which can be carried out with much smaller waiting times than the NHS, could be your best possible option.
With private inguinal hernia repair, not only will you be able to relieve the pain faster, thanks to the expertise of an internationally renowned private inguinal hernia surgeon. You will also benefit from the comfort of a private room, free WiFi and satellite television, and an allocated named nurse and specialist anaesthetist dedicated to providing you with the best possible care and comfort.
99% of inguinal hernia operations carried out in under 20 minutes
With private inguinal hernia repair, not only will you be able to relieve the pain faster, thanks to the expertise of an internationally renowned private inguinal hernia surgeon.
You will also benefit from the comfort of a private room, free WiFi and satellite television, and an allocated named nurse and specialist anaesthetist dedicated to providing you with the best possible care and comfort.
Book a consultation today and be pain-free within 2 weeks
- Surgery usually takes place in less than 1 hour
- Same day surgery and exit from hospital
- Fast recovery using the least invasive method of surgery
- Private room
- Free WiFi/satellite TV
- Allocated named nurse
- Specialist anaesthetist
- Skype consultations available
"Glenn was able to resume training and for the first time in two years, run and kick freely. The end result was his best season ever as Albion won League One and he scored 22 goals. Now it was the adulation of the Seagulls’ fans echoing around the ground."
``Undergoing surgery is a daunting prospect for most people. I am dedicated to providing my patients with the best possible care, and I believe that understanding the process is as vital to the service I deliver as the diagnosis and surgery itself.``Professor David LLoyd, MB, BS (Lond), FRCS (England), MD (Leics)
Read More About Your Inguinal Treatment
Why you should consider inguinal hernia surgery…
- The operation will permanently cure the pain you experience from your hernia
- Removes the risk of any further complications such strangulation and further growth
- Very quick and extremely safe, routine procedure using keyhole surgery, minimising the risk of scarring and considerably reducing postoperative pain.
- Dissolvable stitches allow you to return to normal activities within a few days after surgery, minimising disruption to your routine lifestyle.
Why you should consider a private inguinal hernia procedure over NHS
- No long waiting period from consultation to surgery. The waiting time can be as little as 2 weeks.
- Highly skilled, specialist anaesthetist on hand throughout the procedure to ensure full recovery post-op.
- World renowned and highly experienced specialist surgeon, Professor David Lloyd has undertaken more than 10,000 successful laparoscopic procedures.
- Comfortable, private recovery room with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV plus allocated named nurse to assist you. Excellent support, post-op and great aftercare service.
A fully qualified, highly experienced, world-renowned hernia surgeon at your service
Professor David Lloyd has a national and international reputation because of his experience in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair and his interest in groin anatomy and groin pain. He has performed more than 7000 laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs and is considered a leading opinion in this field.
Most hernias are repaired on a routine basis and patients are admitted to hospital to undergo surgery as a day case. It is recommended that all groin hernias should be repaired using open inguinal hernia repair with mesh which can be placed on the outside of the muscle layer, or be placed internally, on the inside of the muscle layer, using laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair techniques.
The laparoscopic technique is associated with quicker inguinal hernia recovery and causes much less pain in the long term.
Professor Lloyd is a Private Inguinal Hernia Surgeon who lectures about groin anatomy and has even challenged the accepted definitions of groin hernias (View Video).
He organises a National Hernia course several times a year to teach consultants how to perform inguinal hernia surgery safely and bring them up to date with modern methods of hernia repair. As a world renowned surgeon he is also known for being:
What to do now…
Private inguinal hernia repair is a routine operation which involves very few risks, with complications more likely to arise if the problem is left to get worse.
Book your consultation today, by calling 0116 265 3044 or complete our online enquiry form and look forward to enjoying inguinal hernia recovery in the fastest possible time.