Private Incisional Hernia Surgery
When your doctor confirms the presence of an incisional hernia, what should you do next?
Have you been diagnosed with an incisional hernia problem after recent surgery? Does the severity of the pain and discomfort you’re experiencing mean you need private incisional hernia surgery to resolve the issue and get you pain free as soon as possible?
Incisional hernia examination and then incisional hernia repair is required to push the lump back into the abdomen and reinforce the area which has been weakened from previous surgery.
These painful types of hernia can become very dangerous if left to get larger and they do not go away without incisional hernia surgery. Complications can include increased pain and a strangulated hernia, which occurs when a section of the bowel becomes trapped and has its blood supply cut off – this requires emergency medical attention.
With private incisional hernia surgery, you can expect to have your hernia repair conducted in the shortest possible time, with every care and consideration given to your needs and comfort throughout.
If small, most incisional hernia repairs can be done as a day case
Incisional hernias can become massive, if left to get further enlarged and require a fairly complex repair. Small hernias (less than 10 cm diameter) can be repaired through laparoscopic incisional hernia repair using a mesh, while larger hernias are best treated with incisional hernia repair open surgery.
For the majority of patients, private incisional hernia surgery is very straightforward and patients can be discharged from the hospital after 2 – 3 days. Larger hernia repairs can take 4 – 6 hours and require longer recovery time.
Book a consultation today and be pain-free within 2 weeks
- Surgery usually takes place in less than 1 hour
- Same day surgery and exit from hospital
- Fast recovery using the least invasive method of surgery
- Private room
- Free wifi/satellite tv
- Allocated named nurse
- Specialist anesthetist
- Skype consultations available
Extract from Michael Carrick Autobiography
"I went to Leicester to see Mr.Lloyd. Mr Lloyd had this clever procedure to nick a ligament to release pressure. It worked and since then I've been fine "
``Undergoing surgery is a daunting prospect for most people. I am dedicated to providing my patients with the best possible care, and I believe that understanding the process is as vital to the service I deliver as the diagnosis and surgery itself.``Professor David LLoyd, MB, BS (Lond), FRCS (England), MD (Leics)
Read More About Your Hernia Treatment
Why you should consider incisional hernia surgery…
- The operation will permanently cure the pain you experience from your hernia
- Removes the risk of any further complications such strangulation and further growth
- Very quick and extremely safe, routine procedure using keyhole surgery, minimising the risk of scarring and considerably reducing postoperative pain.
- Dissolvable stitches allow you to return to normal activities within a few days after surgery, minimising disruption to your routine lifestyle.
Why you should consider a private incisional hernia procedure over NHS
- No long waiting period from consultation to surgery. The waiting time can be as little as 2 weeks.
- Highly skilled, specialist anaesthetist on hand throughout the procedure to ensure full recovery post-op.
- World renowned and highly experienced specialist surgeon, Professor David Lloyd has undertaken more than 10,000 successful laparoscopic procedures.
- Comfortable, private recovery room with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV plus allocated named nurse to assist you. Excellent support, post-op and great aftercare service.
A fully qualified, highly experienced, world-renowned hernia surgeon at your service
Several times a year private incisional hernia surgeon, Professor David Lloyd organises a National Hernia course to train other surgeons on the techniques of both incisional hernia repair open surgery and laparoscopic incisional hernia repair.
When you book your private incisional hernia surgery with Professor Lloyd at the centrally located, fully refurbished Nuffield Health Hospital or the Spire Leicester Hospital, you will benefit from the expertise of a private incisional hernia surgeon, who is internationally renowned in his field for the following:
- Contributor to world hernia standards
- Contributor to the British & American National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines on keyhole surgery
- Frequent speaker at the European Hernia Society
- Published Author of over 120 papers
- Featured in 12 books
- Consultant & surgeon to sports stars
- Accepts insurance & private self funded fee paying patients
Following an initial consultation and incisional hernia examination with Professor Lloyd, your surgery could be booked to take place in 2-4 weeks.
What to do next...
Simply call 0116 265 3044 and book your consultation or just complete the enquiry form here.
Professor Lloyd has well over 20 years of experience in dealing with all types of hernia repair.
During your consultation, you will be able to have all your questions and concerns answered. Simply call 0116 265 3044 and book your consultation, or just complete our online enquiry form.