Private Femoral Hernia Surgery
When your doctor confirms the presence of a femoral hernia, what should you do next?
Has a painful femoral hernia diagnosis left you needing femoral hernia surgery? When the pain in your thigh becomes unbearable and surgery is your only option, then you need a private surgeon to resolve the problem in the most comfortable and quickest possible way.
If femoral hernia surgery is not carried out straight away, then there is a higher risk of developing further complications, such as increased pain and vomiting and strangulation of a section of the bowel.
By opting for private femoral hernia repair, with our internationally renowned private surgeon, Professor David Lloyd, you can be pain free within days.
99% of femoral hernia operations carried out in under 20 minutes
A femoral hernia is an uncommon condition, which usually occurs when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh. Affecting mainly older women (because of the wider shape of the pelvis), the femoral hernia pushes through a weak spot in the surrounding muscle wall (abdominal wall) into an area called the femoral canal.
Femoral hernia surgery, which can be carried out through laparoscopic femoral hernia repair, is a quick process which involves pushing the hernia back into place and strengthening the weakness in the abdominal wall.
Book a consultation today and be pain-free within 2 weeks
- Surgery usually takes place in less than 1 hour
- Same day surgery and exit from hospital
- Fast recovery using the least invasive method of surgery
- Private room
- Free WiFi/satellite TV
- Allocated named nurse
- Specialist anaesthetist
- Skype consultations available
"Glenn was able to resume training and for the first time in two years, run and kick freely. The end result was his best season ever as Albion won League One and he scored 22 goals. Now it was the adulation of the Seagulls’ fans echoing around the ground."
``Undergoing surgery is a daunting prospect for most people. I am dedicated to providing my patients with the best possible care, and I believe that understanding the process is as vital to the service I deliver as the diagnosis and surgery itself.``Professor David LLoyd, MB, BS (Lond), FRCS (England), MD (Leics)
Read More About Your Hernia Treatment
Why you should consider femoral hernia surgery…
- The operation will permanently cure the pain you experience from your hernia
- Removes the risk of any further complications such strangulation and further growth
- Very quick and extremely safe, routine procedure using keyhole surgery, minimising the risk of scarring and considerably reducing postoperative pain.
- Dissolvable stitches allow you to return to normal activities within a few days after surgery, minimising disruption to your routine lifestyle.
Why you should consider a private femoral hernia procedure over NHS
- No long waiting period from consultation to surgery. The waiting time can be as little as 2 weeks.
- Highly skilled, specialist anaesthetist on hand throughout the procedure to ensure full recovery post-op.
- World renowned and highly experienced specialist surgeon, Professor David Lloyd has undertaken more than 10,000 successful laparoscopic procedures.
- Comfortable, private recovery room with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV plus allocated named nurse to assist you. Excellent support, post-op and great aftercare service.
A fully qualified, highly experienced, world-renowned hernia surgeon at your service
Professor Lloyd has undertaken more than 10,000 laparoscopic procedures, which include laparoscopic femoral hernia repair.
He is 5 star rated and reviewed on iwantgreatcare.org and considered an expert in his field, with an international reputation. His skills have allowed him to develop surgical techniques to perform keyhole surgery upon many conditions, including hernia surgery.
When you opt for private femoral hernia repair, you can rest assured by the fact that 99% percent of these operations are completed in under 20 minutes, without further complication, enabling you to get on with your femoral hernia surgery recovery and become pain free in the quickest possible time.